A disk error occurred during a read operation.

Enter any general questions, comments or thoughts that do not fit under other forum topics into this section.

Moderator: General Moderators

A disk error occurred during a read operation.

Postby ComputekPR » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 am

Hi, This error only happen on a single computer and just with patients with letter "A". Im running v3.5 Build 145. On a Windows XP machine that is connected to a Windows 2000 Server. I have 6 machine configured up and running opening all letters and patients this is the only one with this problem.. Any hope? Thanks Keep The Good Work. :D
ComputekPR

Re: A disk error occurred during a read operation.

Postby dlindberg » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

The problem may be that some images are located on a different volume path and that machine does not have access to it. Open the CDR Data Administration Utility and click on "Tools" > "Show Volumes" to view the volumes. We also recommend that you download and install the CDR DICOM Service Release 1 for all systems. Install it on the Server first then the workstations. Click on the following link for CDR DICOM SR1:
http://www.schicktech.com/items.php?catid=584
dlindberg

Postby proendo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi, I'm trying the CDR DICOM for Windows v3.5 with Service Release 1, B1030156 Revision - Build 158 04/06/06. I have used it before in standalone mode on a laptop with Windows Home edition and everything worked fine. Now I'm trying it for the first time in client/server mode.

I carefully followed the installation instructions: first the server, then the clients. Server is a machine with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. Clients are three laptops, two with Windows Home Editon and one with Windows XP Professional; all with Service Pack 3.

On all clients I'm getting these write/read error messages. Can't get the software to work properly. For the record, Windows firewall is disabled in all of these PCs, and the PCs see each other perfectly through the local TCP/IP network.

I click on "New Exam", then in the pop-up windo I select "Create a New Patient", enter any last name, let's say PPP, first name=QQQ, and patient ID=RRR, then click OK and I get the little message "A disk error occurred during a write operation." I click ok and then close, and the message appears again.

Then I click Open, and I search for a patient with last name = PPP, and the entry shows up with Last Name = PPP, First NAme = QQQ, and Patient ID = RRR. So apparently the data was saved by the server. I select it and click Open, then I get the read error message: "A disk error occurred during a read operation."

On the clients' Data Administration Utility I select Tools -> Show Volumes and all of them show the same correct
\\server\Images\ folder. And in Options -> Database, in the Database tab the Image Path shows the same correct folder. On that same little window I click on the Test button and I get the message "Data connection is good".

So what's wrong then?
proendo

Postby dlindberg » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:50 pm

The problem is most likely a security/rights issue. All users need Full Control to the images share on the Server. Also Windows XP Home is not recommended in a Client/Server environment.
dlindberg

Postby adolfainsley8 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:26 am

Database, in the Database tab the Image Path shows the same correct folder. On that same little window I click on the Test button and I get the message "Data connection is good????
adolfainsley8

Postby dlindberg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:07 am

Dear Adolfainsley,

If you are receiving disk read/write errors in CDR DICOM verify the sharing security/rights of the images folder. Set and/or add the Users and Everyone groups to Full Control for the images share on the Server.

Best Regards,
Don
Dentsply Sirona
Imaging Support
dlindberg

Postby userxid » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Did this problem happen after a reboot??

If the software is trying to access a database on a server or location outside your computer you first need to login to that server through windows. To re-login you need to Open "my Computer" and click on network in the left column. You should then be prompted for credentials to login, click the "remember password" check box, you should be all set.
userxid

Return to General